awesome but buggy with crashes, which hopefully will be fixed soon!
Remember when the Nexus 5 came out and how bad the camera app was on the Nexus 5? And remember how the camera was improved over time?
Well it's basically the same story for the Manual app and the Camera FV-5 apps (the only apps that support RAW i.e. DNG shooting using the new APIs in Android 5 Lollipop). It's buggy (crashes . . .
faster than the S5 and brighter bigger screen but otherwise same as the S5; until the battery consumption is fixed go for the S5 if you want a Samsung
The Samsung Note 4 as a camera is much the same as the Samsung S5. It's just got a wee bit faster focus; a wee brighter and much better screen (with corresponding reduction in battery life; personally I'll take the battery life of the S5; the Note 4's short battery life is unacceptable! Samsung please fix it with a firmware . . .
Posted in: note4
soul-less but who cares :-_); great daytime great; bad at low light
I stand by my previous S5 photo post and S5 impressionistic review: great in day time; water resistance is useless since once the touch screen gets wet it doesn't break but it also doesn't work; bad auto-focus at night and generally a bad camera in low light; souless in the same way top of the range Windows PCs used to be but it gets . . .
iPhone 5S best overall cameraphone photos because of best overall UX & tightly integrated embedded software
Nokia Lumia 1020 has the best sensor but for normal photo takers the iPhone is better
Check out my iPhone 5S photos on flickr.
Here's my impressionistic review:
- super fast shot to shot like the Samsung S5 but not like the Nokia 1020
- a fluid, consistent camera with more consistent great pics than all of the other cameraphones I've tried
- not a great a sensor as the Lumia 1020 but the . . .
forgot my flickr link in my impressionistic review
nice sensor but shame about the software
- best sensor in a cameraphone to date, check out my Nokia Lumia 1020 photos
- great at low light
- RAW option is fantastic and the photos are great BUT RAW capture is too slow (it takes seconds! Wouldn't it be great if Microsoft in a future Lumia had a dedicated processor or the buffer capacity to make this just as fast as the . . .
Not sure when and where this started happening but as of late September 2014 Android auto-sync is working well on Samsung S5 but not so well on the iPhone5S. Still digging :-) !