- Start the Google Camera App
- Swipe to the right and then select Lens Blur
- Tap the screen to focus on a subject
- Tap the shutter button on the right to take a picture
- Raise the phone (centre focus seems to work the best, but I believe other focus points will work e.g. right or left) slowly
- Swipe to the right & tap on the shutter button at the bottom
- Tap where you want to focus (and not be be blurry) and select the amount of blur with the the slider at the bottom and Tap Done
The image will be rendered and placed in your camera roll and it will only be 2 megapixels in high resolution mode.
And it works but it seems that it's not as precise as you might think. i.e. More of the image will be in focus then you might expect.
Here's a sample image of my colleague Sabrina:
21st century cameras are social and on the internet and awesome-ized by software and sensors