nice sensor but shame about the software
- best sensor in a cameraphone to date, check out my Nokia Lumia 1020 photos
- great at low light
- RAW option is fantastic and the photos are great BUT RAW capture is too slow (it takes seconds! Wouldn't it be great if Microsoft in a future Lumia had a dedicated processor or the buffer capacity to make this just as fast as the . . .
Not sure when and where this started happening but as of late September 2014 Android auto-sync is working well on Samsung S5 but not so well on the iPhone5S. Still digging :-) !
notes from using it for 2 months
- great image quality in daytime
- not so great image quality at night
- inconsistent but super-fast auto-focus (iPhone 5S is more consistent)
- water-resistant but the water-resistent USB port cover broke within 2 weeks and you can't use the touchscreen when it's wet which makes the water-resistance pointless
- verdict: . . .
thanks, now to have an open source implementation - go lazy web!
From Google's Android L Announcement:
Advanced camera capabilities — A new camera API gives you new capabilities for image capture and processing. On supported devices, your app can capture uncompressed YUV capture at full 8 megapixel resolution at 30 FPS. The API also lets you capture raw sensor data and . . .
no GPS even through a mobile phone app
Can't believe the lack of GPS but hey it's Sony.Almost perfect except for the GPS (which maybe they can add later through a firmware update and a mobile app update). Blogging this for future hope that Sony does add GPS.
colour me surprised :-)
You can use the app to take pictures and to download photos (jpeg only) and as a GPS tracker. You can use the GPS tracker without connecting to the camera and then afterward connect to the camera and add the GPS coordinates. That's what I've been doing and it's working well. Just wish the WiFi transfer speed of GPS coordinates and . . .
I'll stick with Fuji and Olympus but consider buying a used one in 2 or more years.
- Awesome: Optional 2.36M dot electronic viewfinder with built-in GPS unit
- Not so awesome $1900 for the non waterproof body and $400 for the combo EVF and GPS
- But of course I want one! However I can wait!